Five cool things you can do with the free Virginia Wine in My Pocket app and mobile site! (Please share!)
It’s been a great year for Virginia Wine County fans, with more wineries to choose from, more wine styles to sample, and ever-improving wine quality.
Virginia Wine in My Pocket has also had a great year, with relaunches of both our app and our website that make it even easier for Virginia wine fans to plan, visit and track their journeys.
- - The mobile app relaunched as a FREE download
- - The website relaunched with a mobile-friendly look and new content
- - And the website and app are now in sync, so your private notes, public reviews, and checklists entered into one are accessible in both!
Download the app now
Download in iTunes, or use the iTunes menu to Tell a Friend
Here’s a quick look at the best features.
1. Find Every Virginia Winery
Find information about every open-to-the-public winery, including operating hours and GPS mapping/What’s Nearby, plus multiple photos (for Featured venues). Cideries and Meaderies coming soon!
Use the Filter drop-down menu to help you plan your visits. Like Pets? Prefer no Pets? Kids? No Kids? Choose what you prefer, then choose a Region to narrow your search even further! Or, show it on a Map!
3. Create an account (it’s free!)
Your account works in both the app and the website. You can…
- - Enter your tasting notes or anything else you’d like to remember about every winery you visit (or cidery, or inn, or anything else!)
- - Keep track of your Winery visits with the Been There! feature.
- - Build a bucket list of all those great wineries you keep hearing about!
4. Winery Events – Find them here! (FYI, there is no cost to promote any event that promotes Virginia wine, so if you have one, post it!)
5. Virginia Wine Country Travel – the new Travel section includes a growing bounty of trip-planning recommendations. Three-Day Itineraries, Mini-Guides, Wine & Food Tours and more. Check back often!
There’s lots more to Virginia Wine in My Pocket: an eNews and a Blog to let you know what’s new, a Shop with Virginia goodies, and a Resources section with Virginia wine blogs and articles.
Thanks for being part of Virginia Wine Country!
- Winners Announced: Best of Fauquier County Wine 2017
- The Barns at Hamilton Station Wins 2017 Virginia Governor's Cup
- Virginia Wineries Association Announces 2017 Governor's Cup® Gold Medalists
- Governor McAuliffe Announces New Economic Impact Figures of Virginia’s Wine Industry
- Virginia Wine: Most memorable of 2016